Wednesday, July 6, 2011

PURPLE FEETIES

These past few days I have been working on my grandson's purple feetie pajamas. He had picked out purple cotton fabric. Since I had run out of this fabric, I added purple polyester knit. 2 shades of purple and 2 types of fabric, but he is happy- so that is what counts. I made it big enough to, hopefully,  last a few years. He is now taller than me which  makes me wonder. 


 Anyway, I used McCall's pattern 6251  for the one piece  pajamas . Since there was no foot part in the pattern, I traced the side and bottom of his  foot  I added a purple zipper which I already had in my sewing stash.  I further added elastic inside a casing at the ankle 


In the past it would have taken hours not days to make.  Guess health issues and life have taken  their own path which often is different than my constant desire to do things.

No comments:

Post a Comment