Saturday, July 16, 2011

MY INSPIRATIONS and SOME OF LIFE"S LESSONS

 MY INSPIRATIONS and SOME OF LIFE"S LESSONS

I am inspired by the past, present and future with a big touch of economics and survival which has brought me from childhood to being a great grandmother.. 

I like finding great buys at the yard sales and flea markets. Besides it's therapy. My doc states I need to walk a few days a week. So for safety sake, that is where I am. My legs still have issues, especially my left leg. 

My mom taught me to sew on a sewing machine that had a side leg pedal which was under the machine's table. When I was a child I had a treadle sewing machine . Which I still had it. I learned to sew clothes, doll clothes and a clothes for my dog, Cleo. But most of all, I made hats. My mom used to say that everything I made turned into a hat.  My first pair of pants I made when i was a kid  I sewed  upside down. Lesson learned .

Never stick your finger under the needle when sewing. Another lesson learned.

Never use the good  fabric scissors on anything else, especially paper or they won't be good for fabric anymore. Another lesson learned.

Always know where the scissors are. Lesson reviewed. Sometimes my scissors have legs. I now hide the good fabric scissors.

As a child I also like to draw and paint. I used a paste of Ivory Flakes and water. This was done mostly in winter as it made great Santa beard and hair on my drawings. . I haven't been able to find that stuff in decades.

Never paint your tricycle with black tire sealant. Although writing about it in my children's stories  made a good place for a memorable vent.

My children and their friends, my two and four legged  loved ones , my grandchildren and great granddaughter  are my strong inspirations. Whether it be their costumes, clothes, gifts, curtains, quilts, etc. 

Only difference between all these decades is now things take a lot  longer. Like threading a needle-. Sometimes it takes a few seconds, other times it's minutes  or sometimes I can't even see the needle. Such is life with glaucoma. Frustration does set in and I have to do something else, mostly genealogy research, mine or others. 

I bounce back and forth between life, sewing and my love of genealogy.  If you have any questions or want your family tree done, just email me at  abl0nd2nd@aol.com

In economical limbo,

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment