Wednesday, July 20, 2011

UPDATE: The Creation of a Large Patch has ended

In one of my previous trips to one of my therapeutic  flea markets, I bought a super large roll of white belt interfacing. She wanted to sell me some for $2.00 a  yard. Not good for me. She was talked into cutting a yard for herself to sell for $2.00 and selling me the whole roll for $1.00. There is at least 10- 20  yards on the roll.  Today I am going to start to use it, but not for belts.  I sewed large strips of it together to create a super large patch. It will probably go on the back of a cape or cloak or perhaps make  shoulder wrap decor. Ideas of tigers flowers, and  dragons are in my head but who knows. Let's see what develops in the design process.

Today the creation of the patch begins. Stay tuned.

Lois

UPDATE; The interfacing was too stiff for my purposes. Some of the seams pulled apart.  It was too hard to sew on the fabric leaves . With the pain from my hands, my vision issues, migraine and the hot flashes combined with this heat, I decided to stop. I almost ripped it apart with frustration but decided to fold it up, put it in a bag and put it away until whenever.

It is sometimes so hard to do what the creative juices want when the physical ability doesn't allow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment