Saturday, July 16, 2011

GYPSY outfit 2011


Summer is here and so is the Ren Faire 2011. I make Rachel's costumes for her visits to the Medieval times. This year she is a gypsy. The print fabric was purchased at That $1.99 a yard store in Auburn, MA  10 yards made the long  elastic waist skirt, jacket and headband with some leftover for a future project. The plain pink fabric , both satin and velvet,  had been  a pair of curtains I purchased at a church yard sale for $1.00. With the satin  pink I made the floor length underskirt. The velvet was used for  the short overskirt/ waist decor   and bag. The jacket was lined with some of the satin and a piece of off white cotton that I already had. . I used her work shirt as a pattern. For the skirt I created 8 A lined panels. The headband I created with memories of my hippie days. Some of the thread I had on hand and some was in a selection of serger thread I bought a flea market for 29 large spools for $4.00. Their loss, my gain as the spools usually cost $2-$3  a spool in the store. ( I sometimes use serger thread in my regular sewing machine or in hand sewing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment