Monday, October 17, 2011

OLD KIDNEY SHAPED TIN AND OLD KEYS

OLD KIDNEY SHAPED TIN AND OLD KEYS by Lois Valentin

Two nights in a row ago I dreamt of wind chimes made of keys. So I decided to make some. I thought about using my many decades old collection of old keys , but decided to look at yard sales and the flea market first. One lady have some very old, old keys in a tin kidney shaped container. She said the container was from the First War- assumingly WWI. It looks like it would have been able to be attached to a belt buckle or something. Valuable?? The keys had some odd shapes. One mandolin shaped key. Skeleton keys, lock keys, house keys, and a few keys to wind up the old toys. I'll use these old keys to make a wind chime to hang in my office. Or maybe I will try to sell some or sell a wind chime.


I also bought an old tin which I was told was used during the First War. Don't know if fact or fiction.





Here are some pics of the old keys. Here's also pics of the tin.


Until next time,


Lois
























No comments:

Post a Comment