Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Brother overlock machine is gone and I am smiling.

I got a Brother Over lock 925D serger machine a few years ago. Never could figure it out enough to make it work the way I wanted it to or thought it should  . It gave me frustration and headaches. This week I tried again. No such luck. Today I decided  to sell it. I put it on my local community helper and it sold  withiin an hour. It's already gone. I had a smile on my face and green stuff in my pocket.

I bought  pizza for the grandchildren. They were smiling. They have been cleaning and changing rooms so pizza was a surprise. So was the cleaning.

I am now back to sewing on my mom's sewing machine. It's working again, thank God. I am smiling as probably my angelic mom is ,too. I made a tie for my daughter to wear to work at McDonald's. Made it in 30 min or less.

Sometimes the grass is not always greener on the other side. The embroidery /sewing machine I used to have never worked right and made a lot of noise. The overlock serger never worked for me. New fangled gadgets. But my mom's old machine still works. It feels like home .

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment