Sunday, January 8, 2012

WHO AM I By Lois M Valentin

While sorting through some papers during my office reorganization, I came across something I wrote so many years ago.. I am posting it online. I used to write poetry in my calendar/ appointment books. Whenever I find those, I'll post them as well.  My daughter recently told me that I had too many words in my head. Guess it is time for them to be shared.

Lois

WHO AM I ? By Lois M Valentin  

Both young and old, I see troubles.
My faces sometimes has no glimpse of hope.
Yet, a brilliant idea will rekindle the inspirational flame to bring hope alive.
I love education and I love work yet often I am idle.
I am poor yet I am rich.
With proper finances, I would reach my financial goal.
Feel my pain as I feel yours.
I do care so very much, but I need help to right what is wrong.
I am very old, but with old and new technology, I can rejuvenate.
Sometimes I feel alone, yet I am surrounded by thousands.
I am red, white, black, brown and yellow, yet I know no color , for I am one.
I will always be different nationalities yet I am no different.
My life is vast and many times complicated.
Sometimes I wear a white collar, or a blue collar or even no collar .
My health is sometimes not good but finances often prevent me from getting proper attention.
I love the waterfall, but I question why the water is so brown.
I see crime and I want it to stop.
I sometimes rent, sometimes own , yet my place of abode is sometimes where I am at.
I see injustice , yet often my hands are tied.
Who am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment