Saturday, August 6, 2011

ORGANIZING EMBROIDERY FLOSS CAN BE THERAPY

ORGANIZING EMBROIDERY FLOSS CAN BE THERAPY

With all the moves I have done in the past few years, I've been in a slump. Creatively and personally. I used to know where everything was. Now it seems it's either here or in storage.  But where here?

I need to be creative. It's therapy for me. I love to paint, sew and hand embroider. Embroidery to me is like painting, except I don't have to  wait for the paint to dry . Plus I have no patience.

 I looked at my embroidery thread that I keep in a turquoise  multi -colored  polka dotted tote bag aka my clown bag  I looked at my other embroidery thread that for decades was and still is  in a jean bag . They were organized, but not. To me they looked like a mishmash mess. I put it aside as I have done since my last embroidery project which was a family tree wedding quilt.

But wait. Cousin Bob came to my rescue again.He and his wife were given embroidery floss bobbins which was of no use to them. It was many packs of those little cards. . Each pack held 140 bobbins. They sent them my way. It felt like Christmas when I opened the box.

I spent this week winding the bobbins. I have about 280 right now. I put them in generic Crystal Light containers. The containers fit in my clown bag. But I could not tell which was which so decided when I was ambitious to sort them by color.

Today I went to the flea market . Again my therapy as the doc wants me to walk more.

 I bought a plastic fishing tackle bait organizer  for $1.00. Perfect. I now have each section filled with a color. It has a locking cover so it's Lois proof. The cover is see thru so I can see if the color I want is there. Time saver . The excess is still in the other plastic containers. No more mishmash mess!!!

Plus while I was winding away, I was thinking of what to do with empty Secret underarm deodorant containers. I was thinking of  sewing braided cord around it and turning it into a penguin. Viola!!! An idea to create. Covers for underarm deodorant .  What do you think about that idea?

I guess winding floss was indeed creative therapy.

Until next time,

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment