Monday, October 22, 2012

TOTE BAGS IN HONOR OF TWO PEOPLE. BY LOIS M VALENTIN

TOTE BAGS IN HONOR OF TWO PEOPLE by Lois M Valentin

Two people that died last year brought sadness to many .Sadness filled our hearts. What could I do?

Since both people were associated with food pantries in their community. I decided to make tote bags in honor of them. this project started last winter and finally was finished last week, I gave  25 bags each to 2 churches that these people were parishioners of.

I am hoping that the churches could bless the bags in honor of these people. Using the bags as a fundraiser would help the churches raise some money . It would be nice if whoever bought the bags could, at least once,  fill them up with groceries for the poor parishioners or for  the food pantries.

The bags I made were small, medium , and large. Most were cotton. All made from reused, recycled, freecycled, thrift store finds , flea market finds, items I had on  hand or that had belonged to my late mother.

And before you ask, no, I did not take any pictures. I thought about it but kept on sewing . Life also made me forget about the picture taking.  Oh well!

Now that sewing project  # 1 has been completed, now it's time for another project or should I say projects, It is time for me to sew gifts for Christmas or sew something and sell it to make some extra  money to buy those things I can't make or afford.

Now my question is what to make. Time will tell.


Until next time,

Lois





No comments:

Post a Comment